January 3, 2008

Ramblings...

If not now, when?
If not this, what?

There seems to be nothing positive from the MBA front (till now) and I have almost given up on pursuing an MBA this year. If my current profile doesn't get me in, What will?? Any answers anyone...I know i shouldn't give up till the time i get a ding from all the universiies, but if they were interesed in me, I would have got an interview call atleast by now. I have everything crossed for this..

Sometimes i feel that i should not approach an MBA admission process with an attitude to escape my current job and role. Not that i can help it much.. but i remember someone (my old supervisor to be precise) giving me the advice of trying to love what i was doing..Well, i tried..i really put in a lot of effort and learnt a lot of things in my current project. There were times when it all seemed to be artificial and unsatisfactory, but I stuck on to it and tried to get all the positives that i could from it. However, things haven't changed much..I feel stagnated and frustrated for wasting myself over something that doesnt mean much to me..

Yesterday, in a dose of frustration I uploaded my resume to all the possible job sites that I was aware of. I dont know if shifting my job is the solution to this...I hope that there would be some firm that shows interest in me and hires me as a business analyst. Atleast I would make a start in a career that means something more to me and that teaches me something that would be helpful in the longer run..

Nontheless, I have decided to make some better utilization of the time in hand now. I suddenly realised that I have been wasting away a lot of free time of late.There are many things in my to-do list
1. Get back to dance classes
2. Get more knowledge on stocks & markets
3. Get back in shape..need to pump some iron
4. Do some certification (not even closely related to java :-P)
5. Learn something new - music/ language

Curretly Reading: The World is Flat..

1 comment:

nandhini said...

Hey Akhil,
Came across your blog via Bhavana's blog.
great blogging!! :)